Assistant Director, Athletics Administration
- - Executive Office
- Orlando, FL, USA
- Full Time
- (to view benefits connected to this position, please click on
UCF Athletics at the University of Central Florida, an NCAA Division I institution and American Athletic Conference (The American) member, is seeking applications for the position of Assistant Director, Athletics Administration.
Reporting to the Senior Executive Associate AD / CFO, the selected candidate assists in managing the day-to-day internal operations of the executive team with accountability to projects directly related to the mission / values / goals of the department. Position requires working with confidential information independently and in a variety of administrative functions while implementing and maintaining administrative policies and procedures.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate administrative activities between the executive team, their respective departments, and external contacts (campus, donors, vendors, etc.) Participates in programming and serves as a liaison where appropriate.
- Engage in the preparation, tracking, and cataloging of contracts (game contracts, etc.) for executive team, sport administrators and legal department within UCFAA. Includes uploading of contracts and facilitating the signature process within records management system. Serve as a records manager within Athletics and University guidelines.
- Collaborate with travel partner and Athletics Business Office in the preparation and reconciliation of executive team business travel in compliance with Athletics' travel policies and procedures. Includes the securing / payment of transportation, lodging, registrations, etc., as well as the initiation of reimbursements where appropriate.
- Actively manage / track multiple operating budgets. Prepare purchase orders, requisitions, and vendor payments in alignment with business office policies and procedures. Order office supplies for management team as needed.
- Provide daily calendar/schedule support for the management team members as needed. Prepare and distribute meeting documents as appropriate.
- Assist in the collection of data and other information in the scheduling, preparation and organization of UCFAA Board of Directors and related meetings.
- Develop and manage the master calendar of UCF meetings spaces and visitor spaces. Organize and manage common space for UCFAA staff in the Roth Athletics Center, including mail distribution and supply ordering.
- Coordinate telephone and mail correspondence on behalf of the Vice President / Director of Athletics and Executive Team. Serves as primary point of contact for the Management Team within Athletics, receiving and directing guests and visitors to the department.
Minimum qualifications: Master's degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two (2) years of appropriate experience. Prefer previous experience in Athletics or University setting; strong computer (Microsoft Office), organizational / attention to detail and interpersonal skills also preferred. Due to the nature/scope of Athletics and Athletics events, position may require work on evenings, weekends, and holidays. As a staff member of UCF Athletics, the selected candidate will be a person of integrity and character who shares a commitment for customer service and knowing / complying with NCAA, Conference, and institutional rules as they apply to the UCF Athletics program.
Cover letter, resume, and three professional references will be accepted until the position is filled.
Note: the person selected for this position will be employed by UCF Athletics, which is a Direct Support Organization (DSO) of the University of Central Florida.
UCF Athletics is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity, and fosters an environment that is welcoming, inclusive, and supportive for all members of our community. Qualified women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply. Our mission is to positively transform the lives of our students academically, athletically, and personally through a nationally competitive intercollegiate athletics program that enhances the reputation and visibility of the University. We strive to be Florida's preeminent athletic program representing UCF and our community with distinction on the national stage as "Orlando's Hometown Team". To learn more about UCF and Athletics, please visit our websites at www.ucf.edu and www.ucfknights.com.