Special Assistant to the Head Coach/Assistant Director of Operations, Women’s Basketball
- - Women's Basketball
- Orlando, FL, USA
- Full Time
- (to view benefits connected to this position, please click on
UCF Athletics at the University of Central Florida, an NCAA Division I institution and Big XII Conference member, is seeking applications for the position of Special Assistant to the Head Coach/Assistant Director of Operations, Women's Basketball.
Reporting to the Head Women's Basketball Coach, the selected candidate assists in managing the day-to-day internal operations of the women's basketball office with accountability to projects directly related to the goals of the program. Position requires working closely with both the Head Coach and Director of Operations, coordinating a variety of administrative and operational functions, the majority of which may be considered confidential and sensitive in nature. Also within the scope of this position is the coordination of a variety of administrative tasks in compliance with internal policies and procedures.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides logistical support for the Head Coach, including preparation and organization of materials and correspondence that would be sensitive and confidential by nature.
- Represents the Head Women's Basketball Coach as a primary contact for calendar management, to include meetings, conferences, events and Head Coach travel. Attends meetings on behalf of the head coach (where appropriate) to secure key information, meeting notes, and action steps as needed.
- Coordinates operational and administrative activities (as assigned) between the women's basketball team and internal athletics units. Participates in programming and serves as a liaison where appropriate.
- Collaborates with travel partner and athletics business office in the preparation and reconciliation of women's basketball business travel (as assigned) in compliance with Athletics' travel policies and procedures. Includes the securing / payment of transportation, lodging, registrations, etc., as well as the initiation of reimbursements where appropriate.
- Coordinates telephone and mail/email correspondence on behalf of the Head Coach and women's basketball staff. Serves as a primary point of contact for women's basketball, receiving and directing guests and visitors as appropriate.
Minimum qualifications: Master's degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two (2) years of appropriate experience. Preference given to previous experience in Athletics or University setting; strong computer (Microsoft Office), organizational / attention to detail, problem solving and interpersonal skills also preferred. Due to the nature/scope of Athletics and Athletics events, position may require work on evenings, weekends, and holidays. As a staff member of UCF Athletics, the selected candidate will be a person of integrity and character who shares a commitment for customer service and knowing / complying with NCAA, Conference, and institutional rules as they apply to the UCF Athletics program.
Cover letter, resume, and three professional references will be accepted until the position is filled.
Note: the person selected for this position will be employed by UCF Athletics, which is a Direct Support Organization (DSO) of the University of Central Florida.
UCF Athletics is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity, and fosters an environment that is welcoming, inclusive, and supportive for all members of our community. Qualified women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply. Our mission is to positively transform the lives of our students academically, athletically, and personally through a nationally competitive intercollegiate athletics program that enhances the reputation and visibility of the University. We strive to be Florida's preeminent athletic program representing UCF and our community with distinction on the national stage as "Orlando's Hometown Team". To learn more about UCF and Athletics, please visit our websites at www.ucf.edu and www.ucfknights.com.