Associate Director, Knights Leadership Academy
- Student Athlete Welfare and Development - Knights Leadership Academy
- Orlando, FL, USA
- Full Time
- (to view benefits connected to this position, please click on
UCF Athletics at the University of Central Florida, an NCAA Division I institution and Big XII Conference member, is seeking applications for the position of Associate Director, Knights Leadership Academy.
The selected candidate will assist the Assistant A.D., Knights Leadership Academy in the advancement and administration of programming towards the holistic development of student-athletes, to include areas of personal development, professional / career development, leadership development, and community service.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the development, organization and implementation of Knights Leadership Academy programming
- Serve as the co-advisor to the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC)
- Serve as an advisor for student-athletes with student conduct issues, to include attendance at student conduct meetings (where appropriate)
- Develop, organize and execute community service outreach initiatives for student-athletes and staff
- Engage in the planning, logistics and implementation of student-athlete events, to include Welcome Back Dinner, Graduation Celebrations, and Swords Awards
- Assist with administration of senior exit interviews and student-athlete surveys
- Actively engage / contribute to the Knights Leadership Academy social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) towards the promotion of events / programming
Due to the constituents it serves, position often requires work on evenings and weekends, in addition to potential travel (international and domestic) as needed.
- Master's degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years appropriate experience.
- Master's degree
- Experience as either a student-athlete or experience working with student-athletes
- Demonstrated sensitivity and experience working with populations that reflect cultural, academic, socioeconomic, and ethnic diversity.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong communication, interpersonal, facilitation, and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
As a member of the UCF Athletics staff, the selected candidate will be a person of integrity and character who shares a commitment for knowing and complying with NCAA, Conference, and institutional rules as they apply to the UCF Athletics program.
Cover letter, resume, and three professional references will be accepted until the position is filled.
Note: the person selected for this position will be employed by UCF Athletics, which is a Direct Support Organization (DSO) of the University of Central Florida.
UCF Athletics is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity, and fosters an environment that is welcoming, inclusive, and supportive for all members of our community. Qualified women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply. Our mission is to positively transform the lives of our students academically, athletically, and personally through a nationally competitive intercollegiate athletics program that enhances the reputation and visibility of the University. We strive to be Florida's preeminent athletic program representing UCF and our community with distinction on the national stage as "Orlando's Hometown Team". To learn more about UCF and Athletics, please visit our websites at www.ucf.edu and www.ucfknights.com.